Vietnamese-Style Baked Chicken
| Baked, salty goodness |
Between getting engaged, wedding planning, and travelling, Brian's and my cooking dates have slowed down considerably. We have, however, managed to make one thing amidst all the hustle and bustle: the Vietnamese-style baked chicken recipe from Serious Eats (shown above).
Cooking-time-wise, Serious Eats was spot on. The meat was juicy and cooked through. Flavour-wise, I was looking for Pho Mi... But I found this recipe to be a little heavy on the fish sauce. Although it made the chicken really flavourful, a scary hypertensive amount of it had to be added. Lol. The cilantro though was a refreshing break from the overwhelming saltiness; in fact, more of it would probably make this dish even better. Brian, who doesn't like cilantro, didn't add any at all. Hahaha.
In spite of all my comments, this was a popular addition to my cooking roster, especially for my salty-food-loving father. Hahaha. I would recommend you go easy on the salt. I guarantee it will taste a bit much otherwise.
Comments
Post a Comment