Dinner at Sabai Sabai

Khao Soi

Last week, a couple of my girlfriends and I ate at Sabai Sabai (81 Bloor St E). Their menu was crafted by none other than Chef Nuit Regular, the force behind Khao San Road, Sukho Thai, and my personal favourite, Pai. I had the pleasure of meeting Chef Nuit during Holly's bridal shower in March: I was frantically setting up the party room at Pai when Chamai, the event coordinator, introduced her to me. Unfortunately, I did not realize who I was talking to and exchanged no more than a quick "hi", "hello", and a "love the food!" comment. Chef Nuit is Thai food royalty in my books, and if I ever get the opportunity to meet her again, I would probably go all fan-girl on her. Lol!

In one interview, she mentioned that Khao Soi is her go-to Thai dish, so I subbed my usual Pad Gra Prao and Pla Taud for said dish. And it was tasty: The soup was rich, the chicken was tender, and the egg noodles added the right amount of crunch. 

Sabai Sabai

The restaurant itself had the right vibe, though its two-hour seating time precludes it from being the kind of place you can have a nice, long chat with your friends. With that said, I will come back for the food. Sabai Sabai has a lot to offer in that department. ;-)

Comments