 |
| The making of a Pisco Sour |
I was looking through my old posts, and I realized that I am way behind the "Cooking with Brian" series! Who could forget our first time making Pisco Sours? Or how we were Italian for a day when we made tomato sauce for our Chicken Parmigiana? What about that time we rolled dough for some homemade Argentinian empanadas? Hahaha.
We got our Pisco Sour from
Epicurious and made a few glasses one Sunday afternoon. I didn't have a cocktail shaker at the time, so I used a glass juice bottle for my shakin'. Hahaha. My version of the drink didn't taste quite like the ones Brian and I had in Chile, but they were still pretty enjoyable. On a different note, I remember that shortly after our skype convo, my mother and I binge-watched the rest of Stranger Things. My, what a good show.
 |
| Tomato sauce in progress |
 |
| Chicken Parmigiana in Canada |
 |
| Chicken Parmigiana in Chile |
Our Pisco Sour date was followed by a foray into Chicken Parmigiana. We used
Bobby Flay's recipe for the weekend, and it was pretty awesome, though we would like to mention that the associated tomato sauce recipe makes more than what you need for the dish itself...
 |
| The first, not-so-attractive batch |
... And right before we made meat pies, we also made empanadas. We fell in love with the Argentinian version of the empanada after dinner with one of Brian's colleagues. They made us three different and very delicious kinds that night: the Caprese, the beef, and the humita empanadas. Of course we had to give them a go at some point! :) We used a recipe from
Buenos Tours for the beef filling,
Seashells and Sunflowers for the humita filling, and
Laylita for the dough.
Making empanadas was an amazing experience. I enjoyed this recipe so much that I made it two more times! And they were excellent each time. I highly recommend the dough recipe; it is buttery and flaky and a great compliment to any filling.
 |
| Empanadas in the making: I added some parmesan cheese to the filling for more cheesy goodness. |
 |
| Ready for the oven! |
 |
| The meat empanadas 2.0 |
 |
| Humita empanadas 2.0 |
--
Enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment