¡Lasaña Mexicano! ¿Por Qué No?
| Mexican lasagne |
Leave it to Brian to come up with the most interesting recipes for our cooking dates. Over the summer, we spent an afternoon making All Recipes' Mexican lasagne.
Yep, you read that right. We made lasagne the Mexican way. I know: I didn't know it was a thing either, but I quickly learned that the recipe entailed a series of quick and easy substitutions, such as corn tortilla for lasagne noodles, salsa for tomato sauce, and taco mix for your regular seasoning.
We prepared the meat and the salsa without incident and began to layer up the lasagne:
| The meat layer |
| Hmmm, corn tortilla |
![]() |
| Of course, you gotta add some cheese and LOTS of eat! |
We popped the pan in the oven, waited for roughly 25 minutes, and soon began enjoying this special lasagne.
Lasagne--in any style--is always heavy: As you can see, the recipe could make an entire pan's worth, which would be a lot for one person to eat even if they were to spread it out for days (B, I don't know how you did it!). Thankfully, my entire family along with my sister's boyfriend were home at the time and were more than willing to help me finish this dish. In fact, Phil gave it his two thumbs up and went for seconds. I think that was a win. Haha!
Like many of the food we make, this Mexican lasagne recipe was easy and a lot of fun to make. I would probably recommend it for all the meat lovers out there who are looking for a new spin on a classic dish.
¡Buen provecho!

Comments
Post a Comment