I sometimes really love living close to Toronto. There is so much to do! And so much to see! Just recently, the girls and I went to our second "FNL at the ROM" event and saw "Chihuly", a special exhibit featuring the work of famous American glass sculptor Dale Chihuly. It was nothing short of amazing. Each piece was unique, especially when it came to design, colour, and level of complexity. Of course, as the lay woman that I am, my biggest question of the night was how did they ship all of the pieces around. There was a lot of glass in the exhibit room, I have to say.
Anyway, moving on! I now invite you to click on the link below to see some of the highlights from Chihuly. :)
 |
| Hey T-Rex! |
 |
| Yummy ostrich slider for dinner |
 |
| I love the colours on this one! |
 |
| From a different angle, you could see a small glass sphere that looked like a miniature globe |
 |
| Bent halogen lights |
 |
| Glass forest |
 |
| I had seen a similar ceiling in the Bellagio in 2011 -- lo and behold, that ceiling was created by Chihuly! |
 |
| Reflection |
 |
| One of the ceiling fixtures |
 |
| These almost look like real plants! |
 |
| These fixtures remind me of fall |
 |
| I wanted to take one of the fabrics home and make a blanket out of it! Haha! |
 |
| Chihuly storefront? |
 |
| I love art! |
-----
Hope you enjoyed looking through the pictures. Good night!
 |
| Wearing one of the free glow sticks from the event |
Comments
Post a Comment