Our First Bacon-Mushroom Frittatas
![]() |
| Bacon-Mushroom Frittata |
Brian and I made our first ever bacon-mushroom frittatas earlier today, and they turned out to be pretty good. We used a recipe that I found on Yummly, which happened to be easy enough to follow and very flavourful; the link to the actual recipe can be found on Southern boy dishes.
![]() |
| The ingredients |
We bought our ingredients earlier this morning in preparation for lunch: besides bacon, mushrooms, and eggs, the recipe also called for olive oil, garlic, spinach, diced tomatoes, feta cheese, salt, and pepper.
I started measuring out the ingredients, frying the bacon, and beating the eggs at half past eleven. Then I logged onto Skype at around noon so that Brian and I could begin cooking together: him in Santiago and me in Mississauga. :)
![]() |
| Almost ready to go into the oven! |
The cooking process was really straightforward: it was basically "sauté and combine" the entire way followed by 12–15 minutes of baking in the oven at 350°F. In fact, I think I spent more time preparing the ingredients more than anything, though Brian and I agree that that would likely be reduced as we spend more time in the kitchen.
![]() |
| A slice of the finished product |
After 15 minutes in the oven, we took our frittatas out to cool. I let mine rest for 5 minutes before transferring it onto a plate... And tada! A finished bacon-mushroom frittata!
For first-timers to the frittata scene, our frittatas were not bad at all. While they tasted a little "eggy" at times, the filling–whenever we came across it–was really good. Two thumbs up! Kudos to Brian for the fantastic idea of internet cooking. <3




Comments
Post a Comment