Mexican Breakfast Tacos

Brian's tacos

Brian and I made tacos! Yes, we did. For our second cooking session, we made Mexican breakfast tacos from a recipe that Brian found on All Recipes.

I already had most of the ingredients at home and only needed to get the chorizo, cheese, milk, salsa, and tortillas the night before our cooking date. I went to the Longo's (15 York St) close to work and found most of them easily; only the chorizo gave me trouble, which was oddly stored in the turkey section.

My version

The recipe was very easy to follow: The chorizo smelled really good on the stove, and I know that Brian was tempted to stop at that step (I was ready to, too!). However, we did manage to finish the recipe and make enough tacos for 4 people (or 1 person over several days of consumption :)). 

After having 2 tacos in one sitting, I can tell you that our breakfast tacos tasted even better than they smelled, especially with a few drops of tabasco sauce. I can confidently say that internet cooking session #2 was a success. Already looking forward to next weekend for which we are in talks of making a main dish. :D 

Comments