27 Things: Get my "G"
![]() |
| I got it!!! |
It was a long time coming, but I finally got my G license yesterday afternoon!!! It was a unique situation wherein my actual license was expired and I was on a temporary permit for the sole purpose of my road test. I literally had one shot to pass the test. Otherwise, I would have had to redo the entire process again (ie, write the G1 test, pass the G2 road test, and pass the G road test).
My dad and I both took the day off and drove to Orangeville early yesterday for my 2:10PM appointment. We drove around the town and practiced things that the examiner might ask for, including parallel parking, road side parking, and three-point turns. That being said, I was still a bundle of nerves all morning. I was so nervous that my fear manifested itself into clammy hands and obvious jitters. I could barely enjoy my time with my Dad, who was extremely patient with me all day (and was withholding his honest opinion on my driving skills! Haha). At some point after lunch, I decided that it was time to "shake it off" and let things run their course.
Much to my surprise, I passed! I even asked the examiner if he was serious about my test result. Haha! He wasn't too happy about that though, which was when I learned that you really shouldn't joke with driving examiners. Anyway, he gave me some tips and sent me to the office to pick up my driver's license application. It was a huge relief and a great weight off of my shoulders.
Many thanks to God, to my family, Brian, and friends for their support. I really could not have done it without you. I heart you all. <3

Comments
Post a Comment