Pai and Paint


Birthday festivities spilled into the following week, beginning with dinner in the company of my amazing colleagues. PK sent the office an invite, and LM made the reservations for Thai food at Pai (18 Duncan St) in belated celebration for my birthday.

We all gathered just before 6pm and made the short walk to the restaurant, where we were seated at a high table to the right of the bar. We asked for some grabong to start, and of course, I ordered my favourite pad gra prow with moo grob for my main. It was delicious as always.

At the end of our meal, I was surprised with a " @#$% &?!". Lol. For those who don't know, it's a shot of Bailey's topped with whipped cream, and it's drunk with your hands behind your back. Whenever I get one (haha), I'm always reminded by the time I told my former QA about having one at a bar some years ago. I remember the red flush of embarrassment that crept up on her face, before I corrected myself and told her that it was a shot. We had a good laugh about it afterwards, but now I am careful to edit myself before I carelessly talk about my life outside of the office. Hahaha.


After Pai came Spring Rolls (45 Eglinton Ave E), where my sister and I ate dinner before our Paint Nite session at the restaurant. That entire evening was also a belated birthday celebration, but this time, it was for my sister who turned 28 years old two Fridays ago. We ordered triple cheese dumplings, calamari, satay skewers, and mango salad. Admittedly, we ordered a lot more food than we could finish, and unsurprisingly, we had a hard time polishing everything off before we had to move on with our evening.


In under three short hours, we were able to start and finish the paintings you see above. My rendition of the artwork turned out a lot better than my first Paint Nite painting. Many thanks to our instructor, Shannon–she was brilliant.

Comments