27 Things: European Travels


2. Go out of the country and visit someplace new. (Completed: 14 Aug 2015)

Sometimes, I find myself wondering whether my recent holiday to Ireland and Spain happened or not, but these two pictures remind me that I actually spent three weeks in Europe this past summer. 

Traveling with a tour for Ireland and on my own for Spain were two vastly different experiences. In Ireland, I got to see the Irish coast and experience Irish traditions in a fast-paced environment. In Spain, I got to revel in every moment and relax while I immersed myself in Spanish culture. 

Since returning home, I have wasted no time in returning to the daily grind. But every now and then, a memory will sneak up on me and bring me back to Europe, like the time I felt the breeze traveling up the cliffs of Dun Aengus or the day I spent at el museo del Prado, where I analyzed Spanish art for hours.

I have so much more I want to say about each country, but I will save those stories for another day. For now, good night. Hasta luego! 

Comments