Tacos at Wilbur Mexicana

Tacos

I finally tried Wilbur Mexicana (552 King St W) on G's birthday a few weeks ago. It had been on my radar since I first saw it being built along King. We walked in just after 1pm and met up with our other colleague, who had secured a table for us earlier that afternoon.

Unlike La Carnita, El Caballito, or El Catrin, Wilbur is definitely a fast-foody type joint: you order at the front of the "restaurant" and get a number for your meal. Your meal is then delivered to your table, at which point you can get up and smother your taco with whichever salsa Wilbur has made available beside the counter. Drinks are also self-poured: they have a swanky contraption that consists of one lever for all of their sodas. Interesting. Alternatively, you can get a Mexican soda in a can when you order your meal. 

I ordered the carne asada, the grilled avocado, and the baja fish taco. Of the three, the carne asada was and is the only one I would likely order again. The other two were just underwhelming in my opinion. :( If you want good tacos, I suggest going to La Carnita (501 College St) along College instead. I have eaten there a few times over the last three years, and it has not disappointed me yet. Let me know if you give it a go. Cheers!

Comments