New Experiences: Wine Flights at Vin Room

Wine Flights!

While on a short trip to Calgary, my cousins and I got together for drinks at Vin Room (8561-8A Ave SW) where I ordered my first-ever tasting flight. After hearing about the selection from my cousin Marge, I decided on a flight of Californian wines. It featured three reds: the Lolita Merlot, the BonAnno Cabernet Sauvignon, and the Stuhlmuller Zinfandel. I forget which of the three were Marge's or my favourite, but they were all quite good. It will definitely take years before I can tell wine apart. Hahaha!

I loved Vin Room and would certainly have a drink there the next time I am in town. I only wish that it would close later–the West location closed at midnight, leaving the fourteen of us scrambling to the nearest pub on one of the coldest nights in Calgary! We drove across the street for another drink only to find out that they were closing in an hour. Why places close early in Calgary is anyone's guess. We had a drink anyway, followed by a food trip to McDonald's. Hahaha. Great hanging out with the family! <3 Love you all!

Comments