Celebrating Mom's Birthday with Downtown Eats
![]() |
| Origin |
I took the day off of work for a long weekend in celebration of Mom's birthday. In addition to a spa date in Yorkville and window shopping downtown, we dined at some of the city's local restaurants that weekend. We started with dinner at Origin (107 King St E), whose cuisine has been accurately described as eclectic. We ordered truffled popcorn, deviled eggs, and Bufala Mozzarella with pears, pine nuts, and honey for starters. We then ordered the chicken tostada, calamari, Chinois duck tacos, and beef tenderloin for mains.
We decided to share a single dessert between the four of us because we were stuffed beyond measure with the starters and the mains. We ordered the Origin chocolate crunch bar, which was as delicious as our dinner. I definitely slept full that evening.
![]() |
| Mildred |
The following morning, we woke up early to make it to brunch at Mildred's Temple Kitchen (85 Hanna Ave). My sister and I ordered our favourite blueberry pancakes while Mom and Dad decided on Veda's Choice and the MTK burger, respectively. Mildred never disappoints–we had a delicious brunch, as always!
![]() |
| MoRoCo Chocolat |
Our indulgent brunch resulted in a late lunch at MoRoCo Chocolat (99 Yorkville Ave). We made it just in time for their brunch menu (yes, brunch again!), from which we ordered the Moroco Grande Slam, steak wrap, tea, and macarons. I had been to MoRoCo for the macarons, but I had never tried their food before.
The food was delicious. However, the service was a little questionable for such a fancy establishment. Perhaps it was one-time thing but it was certainly surprising.
![]() |
| Wine Bar |
We ended Saturday evening with dinner at Wine Bar (9 Church St), a tapas-style restaurant along Church. We ordered the flatbread, Yukon gold fries, steak, salmon Wellington, and artisan cheese platter to share amongst the four of us.
All of the plates were delicious though the Wellington was a definite favourite for my mom, sister, and I. Our meal at Wine Bar was undoubtedly a great way to cap off our weekend of eating. :)
Belated happy birthday, Mom!




Comments
Post a Comment