Good Eats: Brunch at Mildred's Temple Kitchen
| Mildred's Temple Kitchen |
My friends from grad school and I reunited over brunch in mid-October to catch up on the last few months (our last reunion was at Rock Lobster for Summerlicious! Read about it here: Summerlicious #5 at Rock Lobster). At Adam's suggestion, we chose to eat at Mildred's Temple Kitchen (85 Hanna Ave) for an apparently amazing plate of blueberry pancakes.
I walked into Mildred's thinking that it was a quaint and humbly decorated restaurant, like Le Petit Déjeuner, and was pleasantly surprised that it was quite beautiful inside. We were seated at a high table close to the coffee bar where we ordered and waited for our brunch meals. Thankfully, I had my Mimosa to keep my hangry self in check.
The wait was not long and brunch soon graced our tables. When I saw my pancakes, I knew instantly that it was meant to be (LOL!). I liked them so much that I made a decision to go back there the following weekend after only two bites of heaven.
Mildred's – the second time around!
I was told that we had to line up for Sunday brunch; as such, my family and I went to church at 8AM the following Sunday to make it to Mildred's before opening hours. As it turns out, a table is readily available at that time. There is no need to rush over so early in the morning: you will get a table if you make it to Mildred's before 11AM!
I ordered Veda's Choice (pseudo eggs benedict) and coffee to change things up. My family ordered the Manhandler (steak and eggs), Mrs. Biederhof’s Legendary Light & Fluffy Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, and the Big Brunch Skillet.
The food was as divine as it was during my previous visit to Mildred's. Everything about the restaurant has been so far on point that it could easily become one of my favourite restaurants in the city. I heart Mildred's and I definitely recommend it to brunch fans in the GTA. Cheers!
Comments
Post a Comment