Pre-Concert Dinner at Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill

Citrus-roasted Chicken Supreme

D, Lala, and I had our pre-concert dinner at Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill (33 Yonge St), a mere day after my first visit to O&B Canteen. I was eager to be impressed not as a "foodie" but as a diner - O&B is considered restaurant royalty in the GTA and I could not help but remain skeptical of their food after my disappointing visit to Canteen. I ordered the Citrus-roasted Chicken Supreme, which was accompanied by cashew pilaf, saffron, and mint zucchini.

I must say that I was surprised by the deliciousness of this main. It tasted fantastic and was certainly a step above my meal from the day before. My favourite part of the dish was the cashew pilaf; it was top-notch!

Dark Chocolate Torte

D and I shared the Dark Chocolate Torte for dessert, which was equally delicious to the main. Admittedly, I had confused the Dark Chocolate Torte for O&B's famous Chocolate Marquise cake but I was nonetheless satisfied by our order. It was rich and undeniably decadent.

Our first visit to the Yonge and Front location of Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill was, thankfully, a positive one. The food was great and reasonably priced and the portion size was appropriate to the dish being served (e.g., they gave us a huge piece of dessert :)).

Comments