Hurried Good-byes

My Grandfather and I (May 2012)
"Choose your words carefully, the last thing you say to someone could be the last thing they ever hear...there is no promise for tomorrow..." 
-- Unknown

Rolando "Roy" Etorma 
(July 2, 1936 - May 5, 2014)

Rest in peace, Daddylo. Few know you as the grandfather you were to my sister and I. I cherish each moment I have ever had with you. I can list a plethora of memories about you right here and now. However, I would like to highlight one important lesson you had taught me and that is to love unconditionally. You loved us all no matter who we were or what we did and you taught us that the word "family" means to do whatever we could for each other irrespective of cost.

You are the example of a loving husband, a caring brother, and an outstanding grandfather. It was and will always be an honour to be your granddaughter. I love you and I will miss you for the rest of my life. God bless you.

<3, Joyce

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss, Joyce. May he rest in peace now. Thoughts and prayers as always <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment