Good Eats: Prix Fixe Dining at La Palette

Moules du Jour

My friend Kim and I reunited with dinner for the first time since the Black Hoof last week. We ate at La Palette (492 Queen St W) - a restaurant that has been on my mental Toronto food list ever since I fell in love with French food. We both decided on a prix fixe menu, which began with soup du jour for Kim (not pictured) and the moules du jour of mussels (above) for me. Both dishes were understated and delicious.
  
Le Végéterién

We were afterwards served our main course which was, in my case, Le Végéterién (smoked almond flan, miso braised black kale, spaghetti squash salad, chestnut quenelle, roasted oyster mushroom, beetroot gastrique). It was a feast for the senses: notably, the kale and the oyster mushrooms were well-seasoned. The pièce de résistance of the dish, the smoked almond flan, was equally delicious; I was just not a fan of its texture.

Clafoutis

We ended our meal on a high note in the form of Crème Brûlée (chocolate and sea salt; not shown) and Clafoutis (fruit-filled custard cake; above). Both desserts were unique to the two of us with the former being an atypical Crème Brûlée and the latter being tastefully prepared.

Last Thoughts 
I really enjoyed Kim's and my first visit to the quaint and inspiring La Palette. The food was fantastic. Moreover, our server really went above and beyond to accommodate my food restrictions and, at the same time, deliver great service. I will definitely go back to La Palette in the coming months. In fact, I already have my mind set on the cassoulet. :) 

Comments