Chicken and Waffles from Harlem Underground

Chicken and Waffles

Fried chicken is awesome. Waffles are awesome. Therefore, fried chicken and waffles on a single plate equates to twice the level of awesome.

A few friends and I had a late lunch at Harlem Underground (745 Queen St W) this past weekend for some long-awaited Southern-Fried Chicken and Waffles. Featured below are photos from our delicious lunch.

Yummy Harlem Cornbread

Daniel, Simon, and I arrived at Harlem Underground early and started our meal with delicious Harlem Cornbread while we waited for Justin and Victoria to join our table.

An appetizer to dream about

Cornbread was followed by an equally delicious plate of Buffalo Chicken (crispy chicken thigh pieces with BBQ chili sauce). They were excellent! They were not as spicy as I had expected them to be though they were definitely crispier. Not long after we cleaned off Daniel's plate did Justin and Victoria arrive and did four Southern-Fried Chicken and Waffles and one Fish-N-Chips (catfish and sweet potato fries) get ordered.

Delicious!

The chicken and waffles were amazing! The chicken was crispy and tasty. It also came with three different dipping sauces to choose from: gravy, sweet chili, and maple syrup for the waffles. My favourite out of the three sauces was probably the sweet chili sauce. I don't know if they make it in house or if it came from a bottle but it certainly went well with the chicken. In addition, the waffles were exceptionally moist. While I prefer rice or vegetables with chicken, I like the novelty of a dish I associate with breakfast or dessert to accompany a dish I associate with dinner.

I think I speak for the entire group when I say that we had a great meal and a good time at Harlem Underground. The food was amazing and the service was fantastic to say the least. I will definitely go back to this local eat in the future! Good stuff. :D 

Comments

  1. Wish I could have been there! But omg, how did you guys eat so much food?! :O I'm really impressed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you had been there too!!! We were really, REALLY hungry... though I must admit that most of us were struggling to finish the chicken and waffles after so many appetizers. Aigoo!

      Delete

Post a Comment