Winterlicious at Tabülè

Two weekends ago, my friends and I traveled to midtown Toronto to have dinner at Tabülè (2009 Yonge St), a restaurant that specializes in Middle Eastern cuisine. We chose the restaurant primarily because we were extremely eager to try Middle Eastern food. To that end, Tabülè offered a wide selection of menu items in comparison to similar restaurants listed on the Winterlicious website (read Holly's entry for a brief description of the Torontonian tradition!).

Hallum Salad
I ordered the Hallum Salad to start. It was made of arugula leaves, red onions, and Hallum cheese, and drizzled with pomegranate dressing. I personally could not taste the pomegranate in the dressing myself but I did love the ingredients. I especially loved the cheese. Other friends ordered the Kubbeh, the Lentil Soup, and the Combination Plate and were happy with their appetizers.

Top: Kefta Banadura; Bottom: Rice and Grilled Vegetables
Holly and I both ordered the Kefta Banadura for our main course that evening and were more than surprised by the portion size! It was huge. I myself had logistical issues regarding how to eat it but I managed to clean my plate off anyway. It was hard not to, especially for flavourful food and a really tasty side.

Yummy Desserts
The pinnacle of our meal may have perhaps been the dessert: Holly, Victoria, and I ordered the Knaffa Ashta - the most unique Middle Eastern treat I have had to date. It was made of angel hair filo, custard, and rose water syrup. While I am not a fan of the rose water, it was overall a great ending to our first foray into Winterlicious this year. :)

Up next for Winterlicious: Momofuku! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. YUMS! I'm craving that rice all over again. :D
    Can't wait to read about your other Winterlicious ventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I should revise this post and say that the rice was best (it was!!!). Thanks for organizing! Until next year's Winterlicious run! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment