Foreign Films: Bride For Rent

"Chinito" from the Bride for Rent Soundtrack

My family and I watched a Filipino movie titled "Bride for Rent" yesterday evening. It is a romantic comedy about a wealthy businessman named Rocco (Xian Lim) and an actress named Rocky (Kim Chiu) who pretend to be married in order for Rocco to receive his trust fund from Lala (Pilita Corales). Things go awry when the couple begin to have feelings for each other after their fake marriage.

The preview for the movie is as cheesy as they come. Moreover, the storyline is simple and predictable. However, the ascent to the climax and subsequent descent to the denouement are well-executed in comparison to their predecessors. Put another way: the writers really took their time to build the relationship and to weave the underlying themes of family, marriage, and commitment together. I really enjoyed watching this movie -- and that's saying something considering I do not watch a lot of Filipino films.

Comments

  1. That music video is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree! Can you understand the song's lyrics? They are also equally cute. :) I love this song!

      Delete

Post a Comment