Saturday Night at Bier Markt

My friends and I met up for dinner and drinks last Saturday night for our first reunion since the new year started. We went to Bier Markt (58 The Esplanade), a cool hang-out for food, beer, and live music on the weekends.

Daniela and I both ordered the Pear & Apple salad (pear, apple, candied pecans, greens, Stilton cheese, and red grape vinaigrette) topped with salmon and grilled striploin, respectively. Stephanie ordered the Markt wings seasoned with hot sauce.

Many people including myself would probably drink beer along with dinner at a restaurant/bar like Bier Markt. However, I was driving home that night so I opted for water while my two friends ordered a bellini and a host of other foreign beers. Alcohol will have to wait until next time in my case.

The salad and the wings were really tasty albeit pricey in my opinion. In fact, we finished them off pretty quickly. Unsurprisingly, we were still hungry after our "mains" so we ordered Markt Fries to share between the three of us. They, too, were quite tasty.

We ended our meals with a serving of S'mores Belgian waffles and afterwards joined the makeshift dance floor to enjoy the live music. The band covered songs from Otis Redding all the way to Bruno Mars and made a great mix of tunes that people could not only dance to but also sing along with. I am not ashamed to admit that I knew all of the songs from last Sunday (because I am apparently old) or that I sung along to each tune (to the likely chagrin of onlookers).

The food tastes better than it looks. Trust me!
Great dinner, great company, great tunes, great times. I highly recommend that you give Bier Markt a try for any or all of the above. Enjoy the rest of your week, everyone! The weekend is almost upon us. Cheers. 

Comments