Happy New Year!
| Post-Swap Instant Collage c/o my iPhone |
The year 2013 had been an especially good year and I would like to use this opportunity to thank the people who had made it better and richer than anything I could have hoped for. To begin, I would like to thank my parents and my sister - you play the role of wise parents, instant friends, and confidantes on a daily basis. Thank you for being my foundation in the best and the worst of times. I hope you can feel my appreciation for everything you have done for me and for raising me to become the person that I am today.
I would also like to thank my grandparents - you are all an invaluable part of my life. You have instilled the value of family within each of us and it has been a blessing being borne into your family. Thank you to my many aunts, uncles, and cousins - I treasure our time together, including all of the laughter we had shared between each of us this past holiday. We may not see each other often but, whenever we do, it feels like no time has passed at all. Thank you.
Thank you to my family of old and new friends. It is amazing to find people with similar interests in travel, food, and adventures outside of my own family and I thank my lucky stars that school, work, and what have you had brought us together.
Last but certainly not the least, I would like to thank God for his blessings. Many people do not know that religion plays a large role in my life. Thank you, Lord, for keeping me whole and sane, for your teachings, and for the blessings of family and of friends. I pray that you continue to stand alongside me as I figure out the meaning of Christian life.
Thank you, everyone, for an amazing year. I genuinely love you all and I look forward to 2014 with you. Cheers!
Yay! Happy New Year, Joyce! Can't wait for all of the adventures the upcoming year has in store. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too, Holly! Best wishes for the year ahead! <3
DeleteHappy New Year, Joyce! I loved this post... and I knew I had to keep reading upon your mention of the word "cheese"! ;) Let's have an amazing 2014 full of travel, wonderful friendship, and delicious food!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year to you too, Karen! I am glad you like it! I know neither you nor I can say no to figurative (and literal) cheese! :D I agree - cheers to another year of travels, friends, and food! Hope to see you and Holly soon!
Delete