Food from a Furniture Store

Furniture shopping in my family almost always means a trip to IKEA (1475 The Queensway) as well as breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the store's cafeteria.

I always get Swedish meatballs with a side of potatoes, gravy, and Lingonberry preserves. In contrast, my parents tend to order something different during each visit. Last Friday, for example, they ordered soup, garlic bread, and pot roast. We all ended our meals with a serving of cake.

The food tasted like the way it used to taste in previous visits though I recognize that it was and still is mass produced and cooked frozen. Moreover, recent realizations that food contamination had affected two of my favourite dishes make me cringe.

I am undeniably disappointed by recent news reports of IKEA Food's fall from grace. In fact, I am not sure if I can stomach the store's tasty treats again after reading about them. In any case, I will always remember the blissful times when my ignorance meant a full and satisfied tummy... Maybe I should just stick to buying furniture next time.

Comments