My Date with the Fishies at the Aquarium
| Ripley's Aquarium of Canada |
I had expected the aquarium to look like the aquarium featured in the movie "Closer". However, it turned out to be smaller than I had originally thought. That is not necessarily a bad thing but I found it difficult to enjoy the view of fish in the absence of seating, of space, and, consequently, in the presence of crowds. Moreover, the aquarium was largely geared towards kids: apart from the ability to pet a horseshoe crab or a sting ray, there was little to do other than to look at fish. Again, that is not necessarily a bad thing but I expected more.
In contrast, I did love the 97-metre long tunnel that offered a scenic view of the aquarium's littlest and biggest residents. I also loved the viewing glass of jellyfish, which were lit in different colours from time to time. Lastly, I loved the fish in general. This has been the closest I had ever been to sharks, sea horses, and jellyfish and I doubt I would ever get as close to them as I had been that afternoon.
* * * * * * *
Cheers! <3 - JJ
The jellyfishy pics are incredible! I think you would enjoy the aquarium in Busan - stop over and scuba dive in the tanks the next time you visit Korea. :)
ReplyDeleteThey are more impressive in person! I had never seen jellyfish that close before and they were really amazing. Thank you for the tip! I will definitely make a stop at the aquarium the next time I am in Busan, which will likely be within the next five years. :)
Delete