Good Eats: Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar

Happy Holidays!
Diana, Keshia, and I had our holiday dinner at Scaddabush (209 Rathburn Rd W), a new Italian restaurant that I had once pegged as just another chain. However, I have stood corrected time and again and I find myself coming back to Scaddabush whenever I am in the Square One area.

I always order the Alfa Romeo (gorgonzola cheese, pears, bacon jam, mascarpone cream sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil) because of my love affair with bacon jam and this time was no exception. Meanwhile, my more varied sister and friend ordered the Pesto Pollo pasta (fresh fettuccine, sautéed chicken, baby spinach, semi sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto cream sauce) and the Mercatto salad (ancient grains, green apple, almonds, spinach, radicchio, baby arugula, grapes, cider vinaigrette), respectively.

It was a lovely dinner overall: the food was amazing, the service was great, and the ambience was casual (and cozy). Most importantly, it was a great night and venue to catch up with a beloved friend. Merry Christmas, Keshia! It was great seeing you! To many more dinners in the new year!

Menu item descriptions from: www.scaddabush.com

Comments

  1. The Mercatto, was excellent I will most certainly order it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed Scaddabush. You should try the alfa romeo in the future too. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, yum! Bacon yam! That sounds so delicious, Joyce! I want to try it. Sneak some for me the next time you're there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE! I loooove bacon jam. I am sure you will too. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment