 |
| It is just so good! |
My friend Adam once asked me if I had ever eaten at
Congee Queen before. When I answered "yes", he began to laugh. He told me that he had a theory that all Asians had eaten at Congee Queen once in their life. He then proceeded to ask the rest of our party if they, too, had ever eaten at the famous Chinese restaurant before. Everyone unanimously replied "yes" to his question and confirmed his theory.
The rationale behind the unanimity is perhaps based on the fact that Congee Queen is truthfully one of the best (and thus most flocked) Chinese restaurants in the GTA. Jojo and Jennifer introduced us to Congee Queen in 2006 and, since then, we have been hooked. While I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the meals, I can definitely speak to the variety and the tastiness of the food.
Congee Queen epitomizes the concept of Chinese food galore. We are always greeted by pages upon pages of dimsum, congee, seafood, meat, and dessert choices. It is often difficult to pick a dish because we are always tempted to order more than what our tummies can eat. We frequently go to the
Don Mills location (895 Lawrence Ave E, North York) and order shrimp rice noodle rolls, eggplant and tofu, mango chicken, salt and pepper squid, and Yeung Chow fried rice among others. The food is served as soon as they are made and taste delicious every single time. I am hungry just thinking about my last visit to Congee Queen. I hope you get the chance to try it as well.
Comments
Post a Comment