Proof
| The Evidence |
My friend and fellow blogger Holly has been asking me about the hitherto unpublished bucket list for quite some time now. As such, I am sharing it here for the first time in my personal blogging history. Congratulations, phantom reader. You are now privy to my world.
Prior to this post, I did have an old link to an earlier "draft" of my bucket list but it has since been removed for many reasons, one of which was that I did not want to write things down just for the sake of doing so. Moreover, there must be meaning behind each entry and a firm commitment to achieve each one of them as well.
I have decided to share this list with you now not only because I have put some considerable thought into each entry but also because I hope that we can achieve some of these things together. The list above is still in constant flux and, in my mind, I am constantly making additions and subtractions to the labile list of "things-to-do" and "to-achieve". In particular, the following items are also on my working bucket list:
- Get my G license
- Become as close to student debt free as possible by the age of thirty
- See the Northern Lights / Visit Northern Canada
- Watch an astronomy event live
- Sample the local foods / participate in the local customs and traditions in each of the countries I will visit in the future
- Fill my passport with stamps
- Learn how to jump rope, whistle, rollerblade, and cartwheel
- Learn and speak in as many languages as possible
- Rock "Dance, Dance, Revolution"
- Borrow clothes from my sister
- Buy a yearly subscription to Reader's Digest
- Keep a journal for homilies from church
- Volunteer for a cause
- Live the life I have always imagined and, at the same time, stay humble
Apart from the items listed above, I also have other additions that I had accomplished before/since I had drafted the list featured in this post:
- Travel for work
- Learn how to ride a bike
- Visit South Korea
- Go to a drive-in restaurant
- Hail a New York City cab
- Ride the subway in New York City
I know that I am forgetting a few entries already but I am stopping here for now before I get too carried away. :) Thank you for reading and I hope that you will read about the accomplishment of some of these items soon. - JJ
Omgomgomg, I wanna do so many of these bucket list items with you!! :D
ReplyDeleteNotes:
- Our next 1-3-5 celebration is going to be a dance party, and you're going to DJ it.
- La Tomatina in Spain! I really want to do this, too, despite knowing I'm just going to get so bruised and battered. haha
- SKY DIVING IN HAWAII, yessss. Graduation gift to ourselvses? :D
- bungee jumping! I will be a better friend and FORCE you to do this the next time this opportunity comes up.
I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! Cant' wait to hangout Friday night! <3
Holly!!! I'm happy to hear that! I hope we actually get to cross some of these items off soon. :)
DeleteIn response to your notes (:D):
- I guess I will have to work on my playlist starting now! I hope it actually happens! :)
- What is a little tomato sauce? :) Bruises are a small price to pay for a lifetime of memories (cheeeese!).
- Who doesn't want to sky dive in Hawaii?! It's sky diving AND it's in Hawaii! I hope we get to do this or, at the least, travel somewhere!!! <3
- Hahaha! Yes, please! No more waiting around for other people. LOL. :)
Miss you, Holly! It feels like it has been a long time, too. I have to revisit your bucket list - if there are any that I can do with you, let me know! :D Viva la vida (so much cheese in my comment!). Can't wait to see you next Friday! :D Have a nice weekend!
Aw, Joyce! I want to do these things with you too! I want to see the Northern Lights and visit the Yukon and/or Nunavut! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren!!! We should! I have never been up north and I have always wanted to! We should look into it in the coming years! Can't wait! <3
Delete