Chains: "Noms" at Earl's


My sister and I went to Earl’s (100 City Centre Dr, Mississauga), one of my favourite chain restaurants, for dinner last Monday night. We ordered the Warm Three Cheese + Spinach Dip to start and the Chicken + Field Mushroom Fettuccine to share.

The warm three cheese and spinach dip was to die for. It was true to its name and arrived warm, rich, and delicious. The accompanying ciabatta slices were also smothered in butter and toasted to a definite crisp. I took one bite of the appetizer and could not stop myself afterwards. I shamefully must admit that I had five or so pieces before the main even arrived.

The fettuccine was also extremely tasty. I always order this dish whenever I am at Earl’s and I fortunately have not regretted my decision yet. It had a medium cream base, a helping of mushrooms, and an unexpected crunch from the bread crumbs sprinkled for topping. The serving size was also quite generous and was great for sharing.

We normally order a serving of Sticky Toffee Pudding to end the evening but we were regrettably too stuffed from the appetizer and the main. Having said that, we made a resolve to have it during our next visit to Earl’s.

Comments