Rewind: J+R Wedding (09.20.13)


Congratulations, Jacq and Ross!

The ceremony took place just after 3:00PM at St. Michael's Cathedral in downtown Toronto. Surrounded by close to seventy close family and friends, Ross and, afterwards, Jacq walked down the aisle to marry the love of each other's life.


I would be lying if I said that I did not have tears well up in my eyes when I saw one of my dearest cousins walk down the aisle with my aunt and uncle, dressed in a gorgeous satin wedding gown studded with little jewels. In just over an hour, Jacq and Ross were finally married in the eyes of God. It was a lovely and intimate ceremony and was nothing short of perfect.


The couple's wedding festivities continued at the Rosewater Supper Club where guests such as myself were treated to an hors d'oeuvres reception of mini hamburgers and salmon and cream cheese combinations among other delectable appetizers. Guests were also well-stocked with great tasting red and white wine, compliments of the blushing bride and groom.


The hors d'oeuvres reception was followed by an equally delicious sit down menu of baby greens with a raspberry maple syrup and shallot vinaigrette; roasted vegetable puree with a pesto drizzle; and pan roasted chicken breast with red wine Forestiere sauce and mascarpone polenta and market vegetables. While we were waiting for our mains, we were graced by a slideshow of Jacq and Ross through the years. Photos of baby Jacq and Ross projected onto the screen and progressed towards the present day Jacq and Ross, traveling all over the world. Apart from pictures, the slideshow's creator, Joni, also included tidbits of how Jacq and Ross really met. I myself did not know how they met in Singapore but I was glad to hear about it then. Ah, such romantics. <3

My cousins and I were stuffed beyond belief by night's end but we found room for not just one but two rounds of dessert: white chocolate cheesecake with a strawberry champagne compote and delicious wedding cake, courtesy of the maid of honour, Jill.


We worked off the calories by hitting the dance floor. We danced to tunes ranging from Los del Rio's the Macarena to the LSS of the night, "Treasure" by Bruno Mars. All in all, the night was really one for the books and it was genuinely a pleasure to be a part of Jacq and Ross's special day. Welcome (again) to the family, Ross! Best wishes to both of you and your amazing new life together. <3

Comments