On Turning Twenty-Five
On Thursday, October 3rd, I celebrated my twenty-fifth birthday. I had intended the day to be stress-free and, thankfully, it had been exactly that. No one in my wing knew it was my birthday so I spent much of my morning at work in enjoyable silence followed by lunch by the fountain with a small group of classmates. The afternoon also came and went by swimmingly and, before I knew it, it was already 3:30PM and time to leave.
My evening was slightly more exciting than the morn and it began with a haircut and, afterwards, a celebratory cup of apple cider from Second Cup. I then browsed some shops with my cup of cider at hand but was soon picked up by my family en route to Prince Sushi where we have been celebrating birthday milestones in previous years. For this occasion, I ordered beef sirloin, salmon, and Japanese fried rice that were prepared on a hibachi grill. I was subsequently treated to complimentary fried ice cream and a birthday song courtesy of the staff. After dinner, we drove home for a slice of pre-movie birthday cake and ended the evening with the premiere of Gravity, starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock on IMAX 3D.
In essence, my birthday was a very low-key affair. Nonetheless, it was a genuine pleasure to spend the evening in the company of my family and the well-wishes of friends. Birthdays are worth celebrating because of the meaning imparted by family and the friendships I have made in the years leading up to today. I love you all and thank you for being a part of my birthday. - Love, Joyce
My evening was slightly more exciting than the morn and it began with a haircut and, afterwards, a celebratory cup of apple cider from Second Cup. I then browsed some shops with my cup of cider at hand but was soon picked up by my family en route to Prince Sushi where we have been celebrating birthday milestones in previous years. For this occasion, I ordered beef sirloin, salmon, and Japanese fried rice that were prepared on a hibachi grill. I was subsequently treated to complimentary fried ice cream and a birthday song courtesy of the staff. After dinner, we drove home for a slice of pre-movie birthday cake and ended the evening with the premiere of Gravity, starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock on IMAX 3D.
In essence, my birthday was a very low-key affair. Nonetheless, it was a genuine pleasure to spend the evening in the company of my family and the well-wishes of friends. Birthdays are worth celebrating because of the meaning imparted by family and the friendships I have made in the years leading up to today. I love you all and thank you for being a part of my birthday. - Love, Joyce
Happy belated birthday here on your blog, Joyce! I'm glad to hear that your birthday was filled with lots of good food and the love of your family and friends! :) Cheers to a wonderful year full of even more happy adventures and friendships!
ReplyDeleteAwww, Karen! You lovely person! Thank you! A belated happy birthday to you as well! Cheers to you, too, for another year of life, laughter, and FOOD (ooh la la!). Heart ya gals!
Delete