Nuit Blanche 2013
Nuit Blanche is more than just a contemporary art exhibit. It is an experience wherein thousands of people take to the streets of downtown Toronto to not only see original pieces of art but also to experience the city in a completely different way. For one evening in October, Toronto becomes wholly transformed into a 4D art gallery. I myself have only attended Nuit Blanche once before but I am happy to report that the art pieces still have a powerful effect on me. My favourites for the evening include but are not to limited to Ai Wei Wei's "Forever Bicycles", Pascale Marthine Tayou's "Plastic Bags", Idea Tank Design Collective's "Parallax", and Ruth Spitzer and Carol Ironside's "Static Clown Factory". I can continue to gush about the punch of colours, the inventiveness, and the designs of this year's collection but I will keep mum for now and, instead, encourage you to visit next year's installation of Nuit Blanche. Crowds are inevitable but compelling contemporary art is worth it.
Comments
Post a Comment