It was months in the making but the SK family (minus Prateek!) finally met up and had lunch at Mr. and Mrs. Nithiananthan's place (aww!) in Mississauga. Our amazing hosts, Mituna and Nirojan, treated us to delicious feta cheese and olive salad, shrimps with bell peppers, burgers, and sausages to the point that we could no longer fit any more food into our bellies. We then spent the rest of the afternoon with a showing of a bit of
Life of Pi (to check an unknown detail about the movie! :)) and of
Chimpanzee, which turned out to be a lot more interesting and heartwarming than I ever thought it could be.
After our movie, we ate dessert in the form of apple crisp, blueberry pie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate, and, unexpectedly, mutton rolls, a Sri Lankan delicacy that Victoria and I have come to love since we first tried it over the summer. Neither Simon nor I were used to so much spice so we resorted to drinking milk in between bites.
 |
| Mituna and Nirojan's Wedding (07.14.13) - Thank you for the print! |
Thank you to Mituna and Nirojan for being such amazing hosts and for welcoming us into your new place. :) Thank you also to Victoria for coordinating the entire event and to Simon for driving me home. I genuinely love you guys and I hope we see each other more often than once every few months.
<3
Comments
Post a Comment