Boyce Avenue at the Phoenix
As you may recall, I once wrote about wanting to go to and buying tickets for the Boyce Avenue concert many months ago (see the post from August here!). Boyce Avenue is a Florida-based band composed of brothers Alejandro, Daniel, and Fabian Manzano. They had been playing for years and became the international sensation that they now are when they started posting videos of original songs and covers on YouTube. I first heard about them four years ago but was not a fan until late. Regardless, I genuinely love their sound, their music, and their personalities. My favourite Boyce Avenue performances include but are not limited to their cover of Coldplay's "Fix You" featuring Tyler Ward (seen below) and Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors" featuring Fifth Harmony.
I had never seen them or any other YouTuber perform live. I was thus ecstatic that they were visiting Toronto and that my sister was able to take the night off and see the show with me. The day of the concert has finally come and gone but I am delighted to share my experiences here with you.
I left uptown a little early to head downtown and meet my sister, Diana at Eaton's Centre for a quick pre-concert meal at Salad King (340 Yonge St). Contrary to what its name suggests, Salad King is a Thai restaurant and not a salad bar. In addition, it is what I call a "caf-style" eatery that has become one of my favourite Toronto eats since my first visit there in 2007. We both ordered the "Sea Queen", a delicious medley of spices and breaded squid and rice. As always, the squid was crispy and well-seasoned. Salad King never disappoints!
After our delicious albeit rushed dinner, we traveled northeast to the Phoenix where there was already a long line-up of fans and eager concert-goers. Thankfully, it did not take long before we made it into the theatre, ready to see the show!
Musicians and fellow YouTubers Madilyn Bailey and Megan Nicole opened the show with a selection of originals and covers. After hearing both opening acts perform, I think I will soon become a fan of Madilyn - she sang beautifully that evening and I cannot wait to hear more from her.
Finally, Boyce Avenue took to the stage shortly after 8:30 in the evening and sang "Hear Me Now". It was amazing. The crowd went wild, including my sister and I, and begged for more. We were soon treated to equally amazing performances of "Broken Angel", "Every Breath", and "Find Me" and covers of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Cars" and my beloved "Mirrors" among others.
They also surprised the crowd with a cover of Coldplay's "Fix You" for the encore. Believe me when I say that it was magical. I am happy that my sister and I had been there along with fellow fans to hear them perform live. <3 I undoubtedly will watch them again the next time they are here in Toronto. :) Love, love, love!
I had never seen them or any other YouTuber perform live. I was thus ecstatic that they were visiting Toronto and that my sister was able to take the night off and see the show with me. The day of the concert has finally come and gone but I am delighted to share my experiences here with you.
* * * * *
October 9th, 2013 - The Day of the Concert!![]() |
| Yummy Sea Queen! |
After our delicious albeit rushed dinner, we traveled northeast to the Phoenix where there was already a long line-up of fans and eager concert-goers. Thankfully, it did not take long before we made it into the theatre, ready to see the show!
Musicians and fellow YouTubers Madilyn Bailey and Megan Nicole opened the show with a selection of originals and covers. After hearing both opening acts perform, I think I will soon become a fan of Madilyn - she sang beautifully that evening and I cannot wait to hear more from her.
Finally, Boyce Avenue took to the stage shortly after 8:30 in the evening and sang "Hear Me Now". It was amazing. The crowd went wild, including my sister and I, and begged for more. We were soon treated to equally amazing performances of "Broken Angel", "Every Breath", and "Find Me" and covers of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Cars" and my beloved "Mirrors" among others.
They also surprised the crowd with a cover of Coldplay's "Fix You" for the encore. Believe me when I say that it was magical. I am happy that my sister and I had been there along with fellow fans to hear them perform live. <3 I undoubtedly will watch them again the next time they are here in Toronto. :) Love, love, love!

Glad you had such a great time! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! I had an amazing time! They are fantastic live - I definitely recommend that you see them the next time they are in town! :D
Delete