Travel Planning Update: Europe 2013

The aftermath of travel planning: Paris 
With Europe being just over a month away coupled by the recent finish of my last project, I can finally devote my full attention to travel planning for our upcoming trip to Paris and London.

At the present, I am happy to announce that we have finally booked our accommodations in both cities. Our bookings were made through www.airbnb.ca, which allows guests to contact homeowners directly for room and/or apartment rentals. I have never tried booking through airbnb before but I have received numerous, positive recommendations for the website.

After a flurry of messages spanning different time zones, we have finally made reservations for an apartment in both Paris and London. Although I cannot give away too many details at this stage of trip planning, I can say that our Paris apartment is a loft located in the 6th arrondissement and our London apartment is a beautiful apartment situated by the Thames River. (Pictures will be shared following our trip. :))

As for trip itineraries, my sister and I spent a chunk of our Sunday afternoon perusing and tabbing two different travel guides for travel ideas in Paris. Our efforts were by no means extensive but they did give us great ideas for tourist destinations to visit and restaurants to dine in. Sainte-Chapelle, La Musee Carnavalet, and Le Maison de Victor Hugo in addition to Paris's main tourist destinations are a preview of what we will likely visit during our six-day stay in the city. Alternatively, Le cafe de Flore and Les Deux Magots are two of our top picks for restaurants. I highly recommend that future travelers view Frommer's Paris Day by Day guide and Eyewitness Travel's Top 10 Paris for tips prior to their first visit to Paris.

Once the finer details have been ironed out, our full itineraries for Paris and London will soon be shared here. :) Rest assured that future blog posts will be detailed, picturesque, and, likely, delicious. Until then - a bientot, mes chers!

Comments