Dimsum in Mississauga - Finally!


For some unknown reason, good dimsum is hard to come by in Mississauga. My family and I have lived in Peel's best city for over eight years and have tried a number of dimsum places during that time. Until this year, none have come close to Kingsley in neighbouring Brampton. However, my dad's recent discovery of Golden Fountain may soon revive Mississauga's dismal dimsum scene for the reasons I have listed below.

Reason #3 - "Location, location, location!": situated at the southeast corner of Creditview and Eglinton, Golden Fountain is in Mississauga. Instead of a thirty-minute combination of local roads and highways, we can drive to the restaurant in ten minutes (or less, depending on how hungry we are :D).

Reason #2 - "Cheap eats!": unlike the expensive Regal Cuisine or the remotely located Tremendous, Golden Fountain offers a wide selection of dimsum for the most value. During our most recent visit, we ordered the following: BBQ pork, deep-fried shrimp wontons, egg noodles, egg tarts (fresh from the oven!), har gow, rice noodle rolls, shrimp, shrimp rolls, and tofu fa. Although they did not have stuffed eggplant and tofu, it was of little concern to us because of reason #1.

Reason #1 - "Delicious Food": above all other reasons, the tastiness of the food perhaps trumps all. My family and I will pay an arm and a leg for good food irrespective of the location, price, value, and selection a restaurant has to offer. I daresay that dimsum at Golden Fountain is impeccable. Seasoned dimsum eaters could tell that their selection was far from commercialized: dimsum items were freshly prepared and carted out to the restaurant's small dining room as soon as they were ready.

Although the dimsum landscape of Mississauga is far from developed, I am almost certain that Golden Fountain can soon surpass its predecessors. Its unassuming facade is only balanced by a consistently long line of diners, eager for a taste of the treats that lie inside. If the latter is not an indication of its greatness, I do not know what is. :P

Comments