Good Eats: Lamesa Filipino Kitchen
After six months of saying "we should go!", my friends and I finally picked a date and had dinner at Lamesa Filipino Kitchen on Queen West. This was my second time at Lamesa and the first for my friends, all of whom had never tried Filipino food before.
Unlike the typical Filipino food stores in the GTA, Lamesa adds a unique twist to each dish, be it appetizer, main, or dessert. As a result, each dish was not only more complicated but also more delicious. :) The meal started with appetizers such as Classic Pork Lumpia, Pinakbet Empanada, and Chicken Wings. I also ordered Halo-Halo Sisig & Rice as a starter. Melissa had a few bites and she said it was delicious. :)
Although the food and the experience were amazing, the greatest pleasure is perhaps my friends' enjoyment and appreciation of Filipino food. Lamesa did a great job introducing them to that and I am really happy that they liked what they had ordered. Perhaps I will get them all to try the Sisig next time and, trust me, there will be a next time. :)
Unlike the typical Filipino food stores in the GTA, Lamesa adds a unique twist to each dish, be it appetizer, main, or dessert. As a result, each dish was not only more complicated but also more delicious. :) The meal started with appetizers such as Classic Pork Lumpia, Pinakbet Empanada, and Chicken Wings. I also ordered Halo-Halo Sisig & Rice as a starter. Melissa had a few bites and she said it was delicious. :)
Halo-Halo Sisig & Rice
Once we had almost finished our appetizers (I had some sisig left!), we were served our mains. In contrast to the appetizers, the table was only split between two key dishes for the main course: Melissa, Daniel, and Abdul ordered the Beef Bulalo whereas Simon, Victoria, and I ordered the Crispy Pork Belly Adobo.
Although I cannot speak for the Bulalo, the Adobo was to die for and I am not exaggerating. Apart from an already generous portion size, the pork was cooked perfectly. Again, I am not exaggerating here. :) It was crispy, it was moist... Ah, it was really good! As you can tell, my mouth is still watering from its overall juicyness. I clearly did not go wrong in ordering that. Haha!
Crispy Pork Belly Adobo
Although the food and the experience were amazing, the greatest pleasure is perhaps my friends' enjoyment and appreciation of Filipino food. Lamesa did a great job introducing them to that and I am really happy that they liked what they had ordered. Perhaps I will get them all to try the Sisig next time and, trust me, there will be a next time. :)


Comments
Post a Comment